Seattle, Washington, USA
Seattle Luxury Travel
Seattle, a city on Puget Sound in the Pacific Northwest, is surrounded by water, mountains and evergreen forests, and contains thousands of acres of parkland. Washington State’s largest city, it’s home to a large tech industry, with Microsoft and Amazon headquartered in its metropolitan area. The futuristic Space Needle, a 1962 World’s Fair legacy, is its most iconic landmark.
Whether you’re a family looking for budget-friendly finds or a seasoned traveler on the hunt for the latest Instagram-worthy vista, the Emerald City has you covered. While here, you can meet artisan makers, shop indie boutiques and designer fashions, admire priceless works of art, sing your heart out at a karaoke club, explore like a local in the city’s diverse neighborhoods, and enjoy nature—all without ever having to leave the city. No matter what you’re looking for, the perfect adventure awaits.
Best Time to Visit
Best Time to Visit: Summer, when the weather is warm and dry, and the days are long. Getting Around: Driving is the most common way to get around, but if you want to stay right in the city, there's a bus system as well as some light rail. Travel Tip: Always pack layers when you travel to the Seattle area.
10 Best Things to Do in Seattle (Washington)
- Pike Place Market
- Seattle Center
- Space Needle
- Chihuly Garden and Glass
- Museum of Pop Culture
- Seattle Art Museum
- Olympic Sculpture Park
- Pacific Science Center
- Seattle Great Wheel
- Ballard Locks
Seattle is known for offering a wide range of travel experiences. Here are some of the types of travel experiences that Seattle is best known for:
- Urban Exploration: Seattle is a vibrant and bustling city with a thriving urban scene. Visitors can explore the iconic Pike Place Market, visit the Space Needle for panoramic city views, wander through the diverse neighborhoods like Capitol Hill, and enjoy the lively nightlife.
- Outdoor Adventures: Seattle is surrounded by stunning natural beauty. It is an ideal destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Visitors can explore the Olympic National Park, hike in the nearby Cascade Mountains, go kayaking or paddleboarding on Lake Union, or take a ferry ride to the picturesque Bainbridge Island.
- Food and Drink: Seattle has a vibrant culinary scene, known for its fresh seafood, farm-to-table cuisine, and craft beer. Visitors can indulge in delicious seafood at local restaurants, explore the city's numerous coffee shops, or take a food tour to sample a variety of flavors.
- Music and Culture: Seattle has a rich musical history, particularly known for its grunge scene. Music lovers can visit the Museum of Pop Culture, explore the music venues in Capitol Hill, or attend live performances at the iconic Paramount Theatre or Showbox.
- Technology and Innovation: Seattle is home to several major technology companies, including Microsoft and Amazon. Visitors interested in technology and innovation can explore the Amazon Spheres, visit the Microsoft Visitor Center, or take a tour of the Boeing Factory in nearby Everett.
- Art and Museums: Seattle has a vibrant art scene, with numerous galleries and museums to explore. The Seattle Art Museum, Chihuly Garden and Glass, and the Museum of History & Industry are just a few of the cultural attractions worth visiting.
- Sports: Seattle is passionate about its sports teams. Visitors can catch a Seattle Seahawks (NFL) or Seattle Mariners (MLB) game, experience the electric atmosphere of the games, and join in the excitement of the local sports culture.
Important Things to Know:
Passport Requirement: No
Visa Requirement: No
Recommended Vaccinations: None
This Destination is Best For: See Above.
Is This a Family-Friendly Destination: Yes
Best Time To Travel to This Destination: June to September