Ancient Greece was the home of Zeus and his fellow gods and you will certainly be reminded of that when you visit Athens’ Parthenon and Delphi’s Temple of Apollo. Greece was also the birthplace of the Games. Other famous Greek births include science, math, philosophy, and democracy. But modern Greece is less a center of learning and more of a destination of simple, happy pleasures. If you want to relax, unwind, socialize, and make new friends, this country is for you. Here you will find delicious food and wine, beautiful beaches, charming villages, an endless coastline, and little islands full of surprises. The myriad of islands in the Aegean Sea offers you a unique chance for island-hopping and partying. The Greek people are very welcoming and famous for their warm hospitality. The landscape of Greece is varied, ranging from cool mountainous regions and coastal hills to plains and sun-drenched, rocky islands. Visit Mykonos Island Page….
Luxury Travel In Greece
With stark white cities that tumble into piercing blue waters, it is no wonder Greece is a perennial favorite on “places to go before you die” lists. There are feta-laden meals, turquoise lagoons lapped by the ocean, stellar outdoor activities (diving, volcano hiking, rock climbing), and ancient history to be experienced on a Greece luxury trip. Secret wine caves and unflinchingly cool volcano-summit abodes are waiting for you in Santorini; a glamorous night scene and sumptuous cuisine in Mykonos; ancient monasteries balanced on rock pillars in Meteora; and the stomping ground of Apollo in Delphi. Our connections in Greece will ensure that your luxury vacation to Greece exceeds your wildest expectations.
Luxury Travel In Greece
Greece has mastered all modes of luxury travel: it is over-flowing with chic accommodations; the historical sites are cherished and perfectly preserved with expert historians eager to share their stories; the food speaks for itself—crisp roasted potatoes, spits of braised meats, tangy sauces, creamy yogurt served with fresh honey and local nuts, flaky pastries; the climate is inviting all year round; the terrain is accessible yet exciting with oceans, beach, cliffs, mountains, and valleys; and, as the longest living people in Europe, the Greeks know a thing or two about wellness and rejuvenation.
Sail between the isles on a luxury yacht, hopping off at ancient ruins, hidden coves, and beautiful villages. Watch the moon rise over the Acropolis. Dine at midnight. Hike the coastline along Santorini’s caldera. Feel like a local in Icaria or Spetses as you hunt for the most beautiful mosaics and unfaltering views. Greece is animated. It’s passionate. It’s not to be missed. Greece is eager to replenish its economy and show off its sophisticated hospitality industry. Seize the moment!
Greece or, Hellas, is located in the southeast Mediterranean with the neighboring countries of Italy to the west, Turkey to the east, Albania, FYROM Skopje, and Bulgaria to the north. The capital city is Athens. Greece, with its varied landscape, is famous for its islands, there are some 2,000 islands belonging to Greece although not all of them are inhabited.
WEATHER / CLIMATE
Greece’s climate shows similarity in Spring (March–May) and in Fall (September – November) In both seasons, you may encounter rain, which happens very rarely, more than likely, it will be sunny around 20 Degrees Celsius although the nights may be a little chilly. In Summer, (June – August), the weather is warm and sunny with the nights being cooler. In Winter, (December – February) the weather is most often cold and you may experience rain or, a rare snowfall. In Winter, however, there are many sunny days. In conclusion, the estimate is that Greece usually has 300 sunny days annually. Visit Mykonos Island Page….
Greece offers a wide range of travel experiences that cater to various interests. Here are some notable travel experiences that Greece is best known for:
- Ancient History and Archaeological Sites: Greece is renowned for its rich ancient history and archaeological sites. Athens, the capital city, is home to iconic landmarks such as the Acropolis, Parthenon, and Ancient Agora. Additionally, visit Delphi, Olympia, Mycenae, and Epidaurus to explore ancient ruins and UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Island Hopping and Beaches: Greece boasts a plethora of picturesque islands with stunning beaches and crystal-clear waters. Santorini, Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes, and Corfu are among the most popular destinations. Enjoy the unique architecture, relax on sandy beaches, indulge in delicious local cuisine, and immerse yourself in the relaxed island lifestyle.
- Mediterranean Cuisine: Greek cuisine is celebrated worldwide for its fresh ingredients, flavors, and healthy Mediterranean diet. Savor traditional dishes such as moussaka, souvlaki, tzatziki, and Greek salads. Explore local tavernas, visit vibrant food markets, and participate in cooking classes to fully immerse yourself in the culinary culture.
- Outdoor Activities: Greece offers excellent opportunities for outdoor activities. Hike the Samaria Gorge in Crete, climb Mount Olympus, go sailing around the Cyclades Islands, or explore the Vikos Gorge in Zagori. The country's diverse landscapes provide ample opportunities for hiking, trekking, snorkeling, diving, and other outdoor adventures.
- Cultural Festivals: Greece hosts various cultural festivals throughout the year. The Athens Epidaurus Festival features theater performances, concerts, and dance shows. The Carnival in Patras and the Easter celebrations are notable events that showcase Greek traditions, music, and vibrant street parades.
- Mediterranean Climate and Natural Beauty: Greece's mild Mediterranean climate, with long summers and mild winters, makes it an ideal destination for enjoying outdoor activities and soaking up the sun. The country's natural beauty is diverse, from rugged mountains and lush valleys to coastal cliffs and scenic landscapes, providing breathtaking views and photo opportunities.
- Warm Hospitality and Local Experiences: Greek hospitality is renowned for its warmth and friendliness. Engage with the locals, explore traditional villages, and participate in cultural experiences such as Greek dancing, wine tasting, and olive oil production. Joining a traditional Greek feast, known as a "glendi," is a fantastic way to embrace the local culture.
Important Things to Know:
Passport Requirement: Yes
Visa Requirement: No. Visa not required with stays up to 90 days
Best Time To Travel to This Destination: November to March
This Destination is Best For: History, Beach, Cuisine, and Culture
Is This a Family-Friendly Destination: Yes
Recommended Vaccinations: Chickenpox (Varicella), Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis, Flu (influenza), Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR), and Polio Shingles.