Independent Contractor Position
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PROFESSIONALS WHO ARE:
- Smart and Experienced
- Top Performers
- Good with People
- Absolutely Loves Children
- Born Leaders
- Problem Solvers
- Champion for those impacted by Autism
to join us as a Travel Agent/Advisor to plan and deliver autism-friendly vacations. You’ll help clients find their desired vacation and see the world like never before.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Travel Agent/Advisor at Senzorna, you will manage travel requirements for adults and families with ASD, reducing traveler anxiety throughout all stages of their journey. You will plan and sell autism-friendly tours, accommodations, insurance, and other travel services, as well as cooperate with clients to determine their needs and advise them of appropriate destinations, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations. You will also provide relevant information, brochures, and publications, book transportation and make hotel reservations, and use promotional techniques to sell itinerary tour packages.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Plan and sell autism-friendly tours, accommodations, insurance, and other travel services.
- Cooperate with clients to determine their needs and advise them of appropriate destinations, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations.
- Provide relevant information, brochures, and publications (guides, local customs, maps, regulations, events, etc.) to travelers.
- Book transportation, make hotel reservations, and collect payment/fees.
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Deal with occurring travel problems, complaints, or refunds
- Attend travel seminars to remain updated with tourism trends
- Enter data into our software and maintain client files
- Network with tour operators
- Maintain statistical and financial records
- Meet profit and sales targets
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Proven work experience in sales or as a Travel Advisor.
- Excellent knowledge of computer operations and reservations systems.
- Fluency in English and/or Spanish.
- Strong sales skills and commercial awareness.
- Ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively.
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business, or a relevant field is a plus.
- Personal travel experience will be considered an advantage.
- Has worked across products on both web and mobile travel modules.
THIS IS NOT FOR YOU:
Unless you think you have a passion and empathy for individuals with ASD.
Unless you think you are excellent at communication.
Unless you think you have the time and talent to invest in this venture.
Unless you think you understand Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Unless you think you have an immense passion for creating something dynamic and new.
Unless you think you are the superhero that we are looking for.
If you still think it’s for you, then get in touch as soon as possible.
TRAINING – IF NEEDED:
Travel agents across the industry have some of the best fun at work. They often work remotely, solving interesting problems for travelers across the globe. If you are considering a career as a travel agent, we recommend some training to help make the leap.
Our Training Camp is a travel agent training course offered by Senzorna. This job-readiness program is designed for individuals with little or no experience in the travel industry, who have a love for travel and aspire to become a travel agents.
Our Training Camp offers a publicly-available job readiness training program in addition to an in-house training program designed to help individuals who have the goal of becoming a travel agent.
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL?
At Senzorna, we offer a training camp for those with little or no experience in the travel industry who aspire to become a travel agent. We are on a mission to become the world’s best and most fun place to book autism-friendly travel by helping our special customers spend less, worry less, fear less, and travel better. If you have a passion and empathy for individuals with ASD, excellent communication skills, and the time and talent to invest in this venture, then get in touch with us as soon as possible.